• 279 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostStockerXray, on 05 September 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

Zombie thread...

Is this what we call SPAM?

kazuki_Neo_Le_pilote #22 Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
extreme 3d pro sucks,  try logitech force 3d pro, the cruising and manuever is more real

FreeFOXMIKE #23 Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 4512 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND
the one that feels good in your hand after hours of play

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Claudio67 #24 Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 433 battles
My old joystick broke (rudder on rotating handle doesn't work anymore) and here (Argentina) the Extreme 3D Pro is not an option (no store has it; nor buying in USA, since the stick costs $30 but shipping is about $65). Anyone has the Thrustmaster T16000m? It looks good, no pots, but Hall effect sensors so more durability and precision, I think. This is what is available here by now...

StoptheViolins #25 Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2179 battles
I just wish I could use my old splitfire and f-16 joystics but since there are no game ports anymore I am just using my sidewinder precision pro.

Countjimula #26 Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • [EGR] EGR

View PostPogo68, on 04 September 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

The Ch Fighterstick is probably the best, most value ot cost stick you can find.
It's fairly rugged, stable, and precise stick you can find.
I just wish they made a throttle to go with it.
They do, I have the CH Pro Throttle and CH Pro Pedals and they work well with the CH Fighterstick.
PS: If you use them be sure to use the interface software that comes with it, and make sure it is not in bypass mode.  Also be sure to use that software to make the brakes on the pedals do nothing (at least for this game).

Edited by Countjimula, 30 September 2013 - 10:28 PM.

Pogo68 #27 Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostCountjimula, on 30 September 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

They do, I have the CH Pro Throttle and CH Pro Pedals and they work well with the CH Fighterstick.
PS: If you use them be sure to use the interface software that comes with it, and make sure it is not in bypass mode.  Also be sure to use that software to make the brakes on the pedals do nothing (at least for this game).
I was looking at the CH Pro Throtte, but I was looking for a more like this the F-16 or F-15 throttle like the Warthog TQS from Thrustmaster.

Edited by Pogo68, 02 October 2013 - 11:40 PM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

ganave #28 Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostCountjimula, on 30 September 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

Hey Countjimula - I have a CH Fighterstick/Throttle/Pedal setup and I'm having a helluva a time trying to get it to work with WoWP. Is there a .map file you can share? I also have weird things such as the mini-joystick on the throttle tying back to Axis 1 in WoWP... Do you setup the entire unit as a single "device" when mapping or just turn off all unnecessary axes?

Bandet #29 Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Best joystick?

*Unzips*

I kid..

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.

AdmiralKird #30 Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

Feedback Airedale

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO
I've been using a Logitech 3D Pro recently and... well...

The Good:

It has one really nice thumb button on the stick that other joysticks don't really have. This button is also very comfortable.

Solid spring Tension force.

The Bad:

Centering of the springs is bad, there is a large, free moving deadzone.

The HAT switch is poorly designed, and will slip around your thumb - it takes a fair amount of pressure to use and move unlike other sticks. It is a very mountainous button, with a small 'volcano,' rather than others which have better grooves or a large volcano for your thumb to sit in.

The four main thumb buttons on the stick aren't exactly comfortable to press, and they're unnecessarily raised.

The joystick isn't setup properly with WoWp, the outter zones are non existent. WoWp doesn't recognize about the outer 80% of the stick's movements, so if you're holding it to 81% to one side, it will be making your plane turn or pitch at 100% of its possible direction. There is just lost control space here and higher sensitivity versus other sticks that register the entire stick's movement to the outer zones. It's not hardware<->game breaking, but its not optimal.

This stick is not designed for lots of hours of use.
1. The base where your right hand sits has a design flaw, it is way too small and half of your right-hand pinky will lay out over it, causing a callous to develop.
2. The index finger trigger is placed for large hands, and you will often pull the trigger with only half of your index finger on the bottom of it, causing another callous to develop.

If you were to look for a joystick I would try out other models to see if there was something better first.

Jiri_Starrider said:
IMO you're hamstrung by WG's deep-rooted "I've got a secret" complex.

QuickSilver_1 #31 Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
my logitech attack3 was workinng fine then I got home tonight and it is way off i pull back and notthing then it rolls over and dives
what happen?

Claudio67 #32 Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 433 battles

View Postwhitetigerp51, on 12 October 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

my logitech attack3 was workinng fine then I got home tonight and it is way off i pull back and notthing then it rolls over and dives
what happen?

Did you calibrate the joystick in the Windows Control panel?
If it's ok there, maybe your axes are misconfigured in WoWp, go to Settings, Calibrate axes, search the forums and you'll find how to do it

Blofards_Sabutt #33 Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Have wasted hours trying to get my CH Stick and CH Throttle to work to no avail. The game see different input switches as being the same when in fact they are not. When using the CH software I can get the game to recognize the joystick axis and throttle axis but still need to use KEY commands for the other game functions due to limited interpretation of keys by game. In the end, the direct x function for the axis settings is overridden making it necessary to use the default arrow keys for flight control. ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE TO FLY STRAIGHT without the dead zone and axis control available with the CH products. Like doing a drunken wiggle waggle trying to shoot down another plane.
Any Ideas?
Sure ain't gonna fork out more gold for a lesser flight control products than the CH Flight Products! Been playing WOT with my fighter stick and it works great but for flight finer control is required.
I tried other sticks years ago and ended up burning them out in short order.

iron_horse_thunderbolt #34 Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [TFP] TFP
OP, it's a pure matter of personal preference. I just got an Extreme 3D Pro and like it so far.
"When he sees the enemy, he attacks and kills. Anything else is rubbish."

Manfred Von Richthofen; 1916
Currently have 1 ace: F4F Wildcat. Waiting for the next one.

Malphator #35 Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

Airman Basic

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DSM] DSM

View PostAdmiralKird, on 11 October 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

I've been using a Logitech 3D Pro recently and... well...
The Good:
It has one really nice thumb button on the stick that other joysticks don't really have. This button is also very comfortable.
Solid spring Tension force.
The Bad:
Centering of the springs is bad, there is a large, free moving deadzone.
The HAT switch is poorly designed, and will slip around your thumb - it takes a fair amount of pressure to use and move unlike other sticks. It is a very mountainous button, with a small 'volcano,' rather than others which have better grooves or a large volcano for your thumb to sit in.
The four main thumb buttons on the stick aren't exactly comfortable to press, and they're unnecessarily raised.
The joystick isn't setup properly with WoWp, the outter zones are non existent. WoWp doesn't recognize about the outer 80% of the stick's movements, so if you're holding it to 81% to one side, it will be making your plane turn or pitch at 100% of its possible direction. There is just lost control space here and higher sensitivity versus other sticks that register the entire stick's movement to the outer zones. It's not hardware<->game breaking, but its not optimal.
This stick is not designed for lots of hours of use.
1. The base where your right hand sits has a design flaw, it is way too small and half of your right-hand pinky will lay out over it, causing a callous to develop.
2. The index finger trigger is placed for large hands, and you will often pull the trigger with only half of your index finger on the bottom of it, causing another callous to develop.
If you were to look for a joystick I would try out other models to see if there was something better first.

Fantastic feedback. Thanks!

SkyWolf__WM #36 Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7399 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostAdmiralKird, on 11 October 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

Heh... too funny. It does do that.

I use it because this game doesn't really support nor need fancy setups.

I've also been through 2 TM1600M's with the "Hall Effect" non pots and broke them both... apparently I'm a yaw over twister.\

Thrustmaster Warranty people annoy me and it's not worth the 40 bucks or whatever to do the call center shuffle.

The Logitech is really all you need for this game.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Birdturd #37 Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I have a Saitek X52 Flight Control joystick I got for my birthday, quite a complex thing. I'm too lazy to configure the two piece joystick and throttle to fit the game which would be an interesting try, but I gave up on trying to use joysticks. It doesn't suit me in World of Warplanes like it does in a flight simulator.

Tusharguy22 #38 Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

Will The Real Flight G6.5 simulator "Interlink Elite Controller" by Knife Edge work with this game (For aircraft)?

Best Regards,

Tusharguy22

Tusharguy22 #39 Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

AL righty then. The interlink Controller from Real Flight G6.5 simulator works OK. I have a lot to learn.

Being a tier 1 chum bait is not too much fun though. I can see how the so called aces are getting their high scores now. I bet if the odds were straight a cross the boards  on the higher tiers, they wouldn't be touting the high number of kills. So, for all you super aces out there, I am not impressed. Just my 2 cents. Anyway, I am glad my "interlink controller" is working with WOWP.

Best Regards,

Tusharguy22

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users