Guide to Successful Low-Tier Attack Aircraft Operation

lowtier groundattack success attack aircraft

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

IPlayWithAppleTree #41 Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2081 battles
Tip 2a is hard to follow in National park.This valley breaks my stealth and i get chased by 3 quarters of the enemy team. So I can't get to the HQ at all.

"Do a barrel roll!"

Wrong. It's an aileron roll.:facepalm:

"Did you know... there are three kinds of aces? Those who seek strength. Those who live for pride. And those who can read the tide of battle. Those are the three. And him... He was a true ace."

Candles #42 Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:51 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1218 battles
  • [VLCTY] VLCTY

View PostIPlayWithAppleTree, on 17 February 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

Tip 2a is hard to follow in National park.This valley breaks my stealth and i get chased by 3 quarters of the enemy team. So I can't get to the HQ at all.

Might help if you're using an attack aircraft instead of a Beaufighter.

A bombed enemy HQ in 90 seconds or your credits back.

BitterClinger #43 Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3926 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

This is an excellent guide, but I wonder if it is still useful to take out the enemy HQ early in the game, especially after the 1.1 supremacy changes?

Sure, you get some slight reduction in overall enemy AA effectiveness. You also get three points added to your own supremacy count.  However, enemy HQ counts as an 80% (thereabouts) supremacy reset.  Wouldn't it be better to damage the HQ, but leave it standing until the latter half of the battle when it can really save (or pile on) the outcome of the battle?

Lithiumninja #44 Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3165 battles
  • [REGAL] REGAL
Any tips for eliminating aerial targets? Being pressed into doing so, for example when you and another GA are the only ones left on the team, no ground targets remain and the enemy has superiority, seems to be a rather common occurrence. I wonder if anybody has any tips to share for situations like these. 

BitterClinger #45 Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3926 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostLithiumninja, on 19 February 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

Any tips for eliminating aerial targets? Being pressed into doing so, for example when you and another GA are the only ones left on the team, no ground targets remain and the enemy has superiority, seems to be a rather common occurrence. I wonder if anybody has any tips to share for situations like these. 

Your response to situation will depend on the circumstances:

1. If you are ahead in Supremacy, and the enemy has no Attack Aircraft remaining. The one of the GA should try to fly away and hide while the other continues attacking ground targets (and ultimately sacrifices himself).

2. If you do not have a Supremacy advantage, then you have to stay near each other and shoot enemies off the other's tail as best you can. This does not mean flying round and round in one big circle. Fly straight passes (while dodging and weaving side to side) so your teammate can get his guns on the pursuer. And don't forget to use the bomb kill technique to try and eliminate or shake enemy aircraft that are on your six.

Just know, that even executed flawlessly, these suggestions end in failure more often than not, but they can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat on occasion.

KillStrike1 #46 Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2350 battles
  • [AO] AO

Very nice post.  Great information that is concise and to the point really.  The information still works a year later.  If you have information on other types of planes please post it here so that we can read up on them as well.

"Peace Through Superior Firepower"

KillStrike1

crabbyrooster #47 Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:34 PM

Airman Basic

• 8268 battles
  1. Don’t get rid of your bombs too early! You may need them to take out enemy fighters on your six. Practice taking out planes that are pursuing you with your bombs!

I took out four pursuers on 1/20/15 at 2135 UTC with four bombs from an LBSH!  Winter Map.  We were down 5-2.  I bought the farm before number four bought it (no credit) or would have ACE'd with bombs!

dityboycom #48 Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postcrabbyrooster, on 20 January 2015 - 05:34 PM, said:

1. Don’t get rid of your bombs too early! You may need them to take out enemy fighters on your six. Practice taking out planes that are pursuing you with your bombs!

I took out four pursuers on 1/20/15 at 2135 UTC with four bombs from an LBSH!  Winter Map.  We were down 5-2.  I bought the farm before number four bought it (no credit) or would have ACE'd with bombs!

The majority of this guide is outdated.

WOW

Mortie243 #49 Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 416 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 21 January 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

The majority of this guide is outdated.

What has changed? I've been playing this game off and on for a while. Mostly played Tanks, than Warships for a year or so. Looking to get back into Warplanes.

Dru83 #50 Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:18 AM

Senior Airman

• 3752 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
The guide is still pretty relevant. The main thing that has changed is that HQ's don't seem to exist anymore as far as I can tell. There are still "HQ" areas on maps, but destroying them doesn't give you anything special other than the normal supremacy points.

Also tagged with lowtier, groundattack, success, attack, aircraft

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users