F6F F4F Guns Depot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Funkman28 #1 Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
hello,

I am writing from work, so forgive if my memory is incorrect.

Long time tanker, just started playing this game in the last few days (didnt like it when it first came out), and I am having a blast.

I have just made it to the tier V F4F (I think that is correct, F6F??) american aircraft.

However, please explain to me if I am wrong, but all three guns are exactly the same, the have the same damage,  same rate of fire and same penetration. Can someone please explain to me if I have missed something here? Or am i getting some kind of glitch.

Because I now have the top gun, and it feels pretty crappy compared to the gun on the plane before it, (the tier IV).

One other thing - how do you access the depot? I want to make some money buy selling unused equipment from my previous aircraft.

Thanks for the help!

stealth250 #2 Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostFunkman28, on 14 May 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

hello,

I am writing from work, so forgive if my memory is incorrect.

Long time tanker, just started playing this game in the last few days (didnt like it when it first came out), and I am having a blast.

I have just made it to the tier V F4F (I think that is correct, F6F??) american aircraft.

However, please explain to me if I am wrong, but all three guns are exactly the same, the have the same damage,  same rate of fire and same penetration. Can someone please explain to me if I have missed something here? Or am i getting some kind of glitch.

Because I now have the top gun, and it feels pretty crappy compared to the gun on the plane before it, (the tier IV).

One other thing - how do you access the depot? I want to make some money buy selling unused equipment from my previous aircraft.

Thanks for the help!
there is no depot...yet
and it is f4f not f6f.
can't answer anything else sorry

President and Founder of FRAG
FRAG came, FRAG saw, FRAG countered, FRAG accomplished mission

Funkman28 #3 Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
Can you have a look at the tech tree - tell me if all three guns have exact same stats please?

stealth250 #4 Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostFunkman28, on 14 May 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

Can you have a look at the tech tree - tell me if all three guns have exact same stats please?
sorry i can't because i don't play. my PC can not handle the game and it crashes everytime.

President and Founder of FRAG
FRAG came, FRAG saw, FRAG countered, FRAG accomplished mission

rich73 #5 Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Hi, I don't play much but did take time to look up the tech tree and saw that the difference in each gun is the 2x,4x or 6x, prefixing each gun. I'm thinking it means more guns but funny it says it replaces previous model with same identification.

Shadow77777778 #6 Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
More guns=More Daka

wreckerpro #7 Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Village Curmudgeon

• Community Ace
  • 90 battles
  • [VSW] VSW
Alex or other guys with better knowledge could go further into detail on this than I can but if you are talking about the fact that it seemed like the F2A hit harder than the F4F it may be because of the 20mm hispanos.  One 20 hit will do more than one single 50cal. The fire power advantage of the hellcat comes into effect with 6 rounds coming out at a high rpm (rounds per minute). If you are only hitting with one or two rounds then the damage will be less.  

The new damage tracking that came into effect in .4.0 made this far more pronounced.

Funkman28 #8 Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
Ok, now I understand, that makes sense. I didnt realised that I was actually getting more guns as I research each one. I now have the top gun mounted, and have for a while, it is still decent, but yes, it doesnt feel as powerful as the F2s guns.

I guess this is offsett by being able to carry 6 rockets which is a nice bonus.

Also tagged with F6F, F4F, Guns, Depot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users