• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Zapperguy #41 Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Post_Laserguided_, on 29 June 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

Thank you all!  It was an endeavor but I couldn't have done it without all your posts...
Hopefully I will figure out how to actually paint the plane.

http://laserguided.c...inted Zero.html
I like it! Good job.
:honoring:

_Laserguided_ #42 Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 29 June 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

I like it! Good job.
:honoring:

Thanks Zapperguy.... Though I have to admit in game the red turns to a form of pink.. :P

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

Fog_Cruiser_Yuubari #43 Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 18 battles
Thank you so much for this. I was always curious on how to decorate your plane and paint it in a way you like it. Now I just need to dedicate the time to actually re-colouring it. Thanks again!

My Long List of Planes

-FOG-

PeaceWalker11329 #44 Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14 battles
My all of US Aircraft skin is lost :sad:

PeaceWalker11329 #45 Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14 battles
My ALL USAF AIRCRAFT SKIN IS LOST!

xxMEGABITxx #46 Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
this is awesome! I might have to try this out soon...

secretsquirrel956 #47 Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [FYRE] FYRE
Ummmm.... I have spent 8 hours working on a ptero skin for the ME210 however.... it doesn't display anything in game... Its just a white plane and nothing seemed to fix it. Is this plane unskinable?
Stop mailing me stupid Airplane nuts....

DJ_DrCarlos #48 Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
******** FOR EVERYONE HAVING THE "GRAY PLAIN NON-PAINTED" MOD ISSUE ******

The issue has to do with the repacking of the jpk file if using WinRAR make sure you repack with version 3.51 anyother has not allowed me to properly repack and just shows the gray non-painted metallic plain metal.....

hope this helps...............

DJ_DrCarlos #49 Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

View PostDJ_DrCarlos, on 11 July 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

The issue has to do with the repacking of the jpk file if using WinRAR make sure you repack with version 3.51 anyother has not allowed me to properly repack and just shows the gray non-painted metallic plain metal.....

here I found this as one of the links to download WinRAR 3.51

http://www.oldapps.c...rar=14?download

Russiansuperman #50 Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [17_PZ] 17_PZ
I made a big mistake.
Yeah, I'm an idiot, but you're not so please help!

I navigated to the .pkg file and I renamed it to .zip

But I didn't copy it to a different location first!
Now WoWP will not start!
How do I get it back to a proper .pkg file?

(It's not as simple as renaming it .pkg; of course I tried that and the extension stuck, but it's still actually a .zip file)

doggydady #51 Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Nicely done!  Just tried it today and it worked great!

-Getting nose bleeds above 20 meters.

kauzey #52 Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postsecretsquirrel956, on 11 July 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Ummmm.... I have spent 8 hours working on a ptero skin for the ME210 however.... it doesn't display anything in game... Its just a white plane and nothing seemed to fix it. Is this plane unskinable?

View PostDJ_DrCarlos, on 11 July 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

This is a very quick tutorial on properly setting up your Winrar 3.51 to correctly repack PKG files for World of Warplanes.

Step 1: Download Winrar 3.51 (Known working version for WOWP Repack)

Optional Download Location
Winrar Link
https://dl.dropboxus...159/wrar351.exe

Step 2:
After your Winrar successfully installs, you will need to change some settings to make your skin mods fully functional in-game.

-Open your Winrar

-Select Options on the toolbar.
Posted Image

-Select the Settings option.
Posted Image

-Change to the Compression Tab and click on Create Default
Posted Image

Note: Creating default will make it easier for you, so you don't constantly have to mess around with the options.

- On the Deafault settings [GENERAL] tab make sure that the [Update Mode] is set to Add and Replace items.
- Make sure that compression method is set to Store.
- Don't worry about Archive format. Read Note.
Posted Image

Note: The reason for the compression being set to STORE is because the files inside the PKG files are not compressed at all. So if you compress files inside the PKG, the game will not be able to extract and use the files which is why some will see a clean white version of their plane, or crash with a PKG error.

- When you edit and replace a file, always make sure that Winrar is not compressing. You can check if they are by comparing the two columns in the window.
Posted Image

I hope this will help anyone having issues.

On another note, those of you wishing to add a little more "shine" to your plane. Use colors that are partially transparent, for the technical, make sure you have Alpha channels enabled. Doing so will add more gloss to the plane, although this update adds plenty of shine.

Example:
Pretty Lady using semi transparent silver.
Posted Image

This is what happens when you remove all color and save the file as transparent.
Posted Image

ATTENTION: ANY MODDED FILES IN THE WORLD OF WARPLANES FOLDER ARE RE-DOWNLOADED AND OVER WRITTEN ON EACH UPDATE. MAKE SURE TO SAVE A COPY OF YOUR MODDED FILES SOMEWHERE ELSE IN CASE YOU WOULD LIKE TO REUSE AFTER UPDATE.

Anyways. Enjoy!

12th FIGHTER SQUADRON - DIRTY DOZEN

kauzey #53 Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostBrodka, on 11 July 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

I made a big mistake.
Yeah, I'm an idiot, but you're not so please help!

I navigated to the .pkg file and I renamed it to .zip

But I didn't copy it to a different location first!
Now WoWP will not start!
How do I get it back to a proper .pkg file?

(It's not as simple as renaming it .pkg; of course I tried that and the extension stuck, but it's still actually a .zip file)

Here's a quick tutorial on changing the extension of your files. (Windows 7, should work on Vista as well, somewhat similar with XP)

Step 1: Open up windows explorer.

Step 2: Click on Organize > Folder and Search Options
Posted Image

Step 3: Click on View tab and find the option "Hide extensions for known file types"
Posted Image

Step 4: Deselect the option "Hide extensions for known file types" and Apply.
Posted Image
Note: Notice that after you apply, you can now see the .zip extension.

Step 5:You can now change your extension by simple editing the ".ZIP" back to .PKG
Posted Image

Step 6: If you have done this correctly your FILE type should have changed to PKG in both the name and the File Type column
Posted Image

I hope this helps :)

Russiansuperman #54 Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [17_PZ] 17_PZ
This absolutely helped. WoWP is back up and running.
But now I feel stupider because I've done that before and should've remembered it was that simple.
Nevertheless, you saved the day and I thank you very much.
Also, such a detailed and speedy reply is not only commendable but makes me think you've done this before.
That qualifies you as a WoWP hero.
Congrats, hero.

kauzey #55 Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostBrodka, on 11 July 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

This absolutely helped. WoWP is back up and running.
But now I feel stupider because I've done that before and should've remembered it was that simple.
Nevertheless, you saved the day and I thank you very much.
Also, such a detailed and speedy reply is not only commendable but makes me think you've done this before.
That qualifies you as a WoWP hero.
Congrats, hero.

I did the same thing while trying to figure out the correct way to get it all compressed and repacked. I'm glad I was able to help.

DJ_DrCarlos #56 Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE AN AIRPLANE SKIN MOD VIEWER/EMULATOR FOR VIEWING THE SKINS ON THE FLY INSTEAD OF HAVING TO LOG ON TO WOWP EVERY TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE OR EDIT A PLANE SKIN.... THAT WILL BE AWESOME

doggydady #57 Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Something weird...   I flew across a F4U that had the exact same skin that I made.  I guess he must have been using the same basic skin (US11_F4U_marine in that case). Does this mean that the game renders all of the planes with the local skins on my pc?

Cj_JokeR #58 Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [GGW] GGW
Yes, it will. It's just like in WoT if you were to use custom skins. Your game is rendering all of the skins based off of your local files, so if you replaced your marine skin with your custom one, any other airplane using the marine skin will look just like yours.

I've been wondering if anyone has been able to do any custom nose art? I figured there would eventually be a nose art contest at some point, being as people can be even more creative in that aspect as compared to just regular skins. I've been searching through the packages and E:\World_of_Warplanes\res\packages\airplanes_common.pkg\vehicles\airplanes\common\decals\decoration\byPlane\ holds nose art, listed as lvl 01-03, 01 & 02 because the regular nose paint and lvl 03 being the actual decal art. The first folder within for each plane has just a blank 01-06 (6 different pieces of nose art) and then contains the art within the 'preview' folder. The art, however, seems to be 60x60, which seems like it isn't proper to make a high-quality piece of nose art the way I feel you should.

Am I missing something? Should I be looking in another area?

doggydady #59 Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostZurish, on 14 July 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

Yes, it will. It's just like in WoT if you were to use custom skins. Your game is rendering all of the skins based off of your local files, so if you replaced your marine skin with your custom one, any other airplane using the marine skin will look just like yours.

Ok thanks!  As for the nose art, 60x60 seems about right.  I've been manually addind custom image directly on the fuselage skin and it's pretty much the image size I've been using.

roopnarined #60 Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [PEGGY] PEGGY
got the files, did time on them and now can't get it into the game......the game just ignores the altered file it is so weird........at first it recognized the file as changed and didn't like it so it just blanked it out ..... messed up my installation to boot, now after a re-install.... nada nothing not an error nothing.............i wanted to run my skins in traing to really see it in action...... all i can do is used the modelling space rendering to see it right noe and blah.......... anyone figure out what we're doing wrong???

roopnarined (WoT / WoWP)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users