they didnt say soon they said NEXT PATCH 3 FUCKING PATCHES AGO

Calm down theres a reason why the games still in closed beta

Member of Frag )

Killerpopcorn #62 Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 358 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Regardless of how good or bad you are with a mouse this game was built around flight dynamics, not sure what you were expecting from a flight orientated game. This would be similar to me saying a mouse is unfair compared to a joystick in a FPS game.

Air Raid #1: 4th place/Air Raid #2 3rd Place/Air Raid #4 2nd Place/Air Raid #5 9th place

Crossover #1 1st Place/ Launch Event 1st place

Glockn9ne #63 Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:38 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I don't know, i don't feel like I have any granularity of control with the joystick. I much prefer the mouse to be honest.

Aldrenai #64 Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostZaisho, on 18 March 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

Pretty sure any stick is compatible with this game.

My logitek does not work for this game to pilot. Fire, bomb, etc, yes, steer, no.

MrMarbIes #65 Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:50 AM

Feedback Airedale

• Alpha tester
  • 4 battles
I'm just using a keyboard and am able to compete at a pretty high level here. It just takes getting to know your controls.

roadkill789 #66 Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I myself use a saitek X52 joystick, haven't even tried the mouse, the joystick works fine for me... :hiding:

dakota3130 #67 Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON
first i tried the mouse and once i got the hang of it, but i found that i couldt do that many maneuvers with the mouse so i looked up to see how others were. i found about the binding roll pitch and yaw. after that i found it easier to do things like dodging enemy fire, but i found that i had some trouble keeping up with the plane for shooting. so i tried every other control option execpt the stick. i like the keyboard but i couldnt aim , so i tried the gamepad , with my ps3 controller and i liked it , execpt for turning but aiming was just as bad.

so unless the stick is really amazing i would also prefer the mouse

paradat #68 Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 246 battles
  • [TBW] TBW
What is a "WoT" mouse?

​The Sea is full of Wolves. Lone Wolves Clans

Xilosciente #69 Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I can spot a stick user instantly by spectating them in combat.  Stick users have a constant back-and-forth overshoot correction when trying to line up sights on targets.  A mouse/keyboard user's aiming motions are much more fluid.  Actually, this might make mouse users superior to stick users.  ;)

tl;dr Joystick provides snappier manuevers and more responsive flight, mouse/keyboard puts your guns on target faster and with higher accuracy.

Joystick defense, mouse/keyboard offense?  Interesting dynamic!

lostwingman #70 Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

• Alpha tester
  • 15 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postparadat, on 12 June 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

What is a "WoT" mouse?
They keep changing the name of their mouse schemes but they come in two types, the WoT Mouse and the WoWP Mouse.
WoT Mouse is the scheme currently named "Mouse" and the WoWP Mouse is currently named "Mouse 4.1".

Ground Attack, the new Arty

fizzer82 #71 Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [AR_15] AR_15

View PostXilosciente, on 12 June 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

I can spot a stick user instantly by spectating them in combat.  Stick users have a constant back-and-forth overshoot correction when trying to line up sights on targets.

That's only if they haven't set up their roll/pitch curves to their liking, or they have a horrible ping ;)  A properly configured joystick is every bit as accurate as a mouse, but it is still more difficult to master as you have to coordinate input on different axis without the immediate feedback of a pointer going exactly where you want it.

I've yet to come across a game that uses a specialized analog (or digital proportional for the purists) controller that doesn't require a good amount of customization by the user to get it to work the way they think it should.  Its due to hardware differences that are out of the developer's control.  The length of the flight stick or how many degrees of rotation a steering wheel has are going to need different sensitivity / linearity settings.

Sergei_Smirnov #72 Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostImperialToast295, on 17 March 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

I bought a joystick and compared it to the WoT mouse and compared to the stick the mouse is slower than a slug at a stop sign. I can maneuver the worst american plane with stick than i can the best xxx plane with a mouse. This is absolutely unfair for people who cant use a joystick.

Insults or derogatory comments. 2d RO issued.
~Mod/Gm team

Are you kidding me?  The mouse controls make flying just Babytown frolics...  With that being said, I prefer a joystick.

lostwingman #73 Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 15 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostSergei_Smirnov, on 14 June 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

Are you kidding me?  The mouse controls make flying just Babytown frolics...  With that being said, I prefer a joystick.
Look at the date of that quote...they've changed all the mouse controls every. single. patch. to the point each one is unrecognizable to what it was...

Ground Attack, the new Arty

Sergei_Smirnov #74 Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View Postlostwingman, on 14 June 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Look at the date of that quote...they've changed all the mouse controls every. single. patch. to the point each one is unrecognizable to what it was...

I hadn't noticed an overall change recently.  The original alpha controls were a bit flawed, but they've been straight for a while.

How_I_Roll #75 Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:40 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [FYRE] FYRE
I am paralyzed on my left side. I used a mouse for about 450 battles and averaged .75 kills per battle. but I averaged about 1 assist. My friend bought me a nice joystick. Sorry to say but I fly way better with a mouse vs my joystick. but I keep trying. If you think the mouse is unfair try playing with the sensitivity. if you over correct to much lower the sensitivity if your under correcting increase it.  You have to understand that the mouse does not have roll. It will rudder roll but you have to use your keyboard or map your multifunction mouse like the naga to roll left and right. sliding mouse left an right is your rudder or yaw and back an forth up down . The plane will even auto right itself if you stop moving. unlike my joystick that I mapped a button for. I think that they are about even as long as you understand the flight mechanics and you get muscle memory going.
My only problem with the joystick is I get very disoriented faster then with my mouse. go figure motion sick in a video game lol.
DRACARYS

snoopy_pooh #76 Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostDracoArgentum, on 27 April 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

The WoT mouse is clearly worse than a stick. In part thats due to the horrible roll and camera control you get with it. In part its because point to move is hard to use in certain circumstances.

Its unfair in a sense. But WoT mouse is meant for people who are new to flight games. People at that level will actually be better off with WoT mouse even though its not as good in the hands of a great pilot.

Just please fix the thing where it rolls the wrong way for no reason.

Have to emphasize the last point from Draco,,,  having a plane in full tilt sideways power turn rollover for no reason when you have plenty of momentum energy is very annoying,, this happens far to often.

vac_mo #77 Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
OKOKOK..

if ya dont like joystick  dont use it

if ya dont like mouse dont use it

if ya dont like gamepad dont use it

if someone kicks your butt with another control that you dont use..then learn to use that contol and go kick there but..

now all of you quit beating a dead horse and go test..

my work is never done.

vac_mo

Heh #78 Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
But what about us keyboard users? WHY ARE WE ALIENS TO YOU GUYS? D:
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

snoopy_pooh #79 Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postvac_mo, on 04 July 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

if ya dont like joystick  dont use it

if ya dont like mouse dont use it

if ya dont like gamepad dont use it

so dont play the game,, great advice,, Im sure wargaming appreciates the helpful input.

floydsox #80 Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle

View PostAwesome_Possum, on 08 April 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

3 letter abbreviation for Japanese is NOT a deragatory term.  stop making it one.

I got banned for 24hours for using that term and I'm Asian!

BTW, imo KB and Mouse is superior to the joystick as far as shooting planes down.  My roommate who has NEVER played the game, got 5 kills in his first match because he knows how to point and click with a mouse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users