mouse vs stick unfair

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

hyghlandr #21 Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I have been trying the game with both a mouse and a Joystick. Adjust senitivity up on your mouse and use a flick movement to get your plane to do snap moves. Do agree once you get a joystick configed. I think it is the better way to control. BUt i am getting almost as many kills with using the mouse as i am a Joystick. Just takes alittle change in flying style and mouse movement makes a big diff. Im all over a 10 in mouse Pad LOL.

n8d0g #22 Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostImperialToast295, on 23 March 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

Guys you dont seem to understand i am talking about the WoT mouse not 3.5.0  I dont liek it much but i belive it makes planes handle as well as the joystick. I firmly believe WoT mouse makes planes handle worse.

I agree with this sentiment,

Joystick does seem like the suprior choice (from what Ive read and expereinced). Ive also made a post on this. I do hope that in the final version of this game, players of equal skills should be able to play to the same standard despite the control input they've chosen, whether its keyboard only( or with mouse) vs Joystick.

At the moment it seems to reward owning a joystick rather than being an alternate method of playing.

Edited by n8d0g, 30 March 2013 - 06:02 AM.

Lycer #23 Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I've been playing for a little while, and I nearly quit when the WoT mouse came in (thankfully I found the other mouse controls).  That mouse control has nothing to do with actual piloting, at most it's and autopilot that you can tell what to do.  I strongly agree that anyone that uses it is at a disadvantage against anyone not using that mouse system.

Edited by Lycer, 01 April 2013 - 02:09 AM.

BleuMeany #24 Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Im a noob here, so if this the wrong place to ask this I apologize. I have a saitek yoke , rudder and throttle controls, are they compatible with this game?

Crackedcanadian #25 Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

?The squirtgun of doom?

• Alpha tester
  • 52 battles
  • [WARRP] WARRP
yes, but the game might only be able to recognize one device at a time.

I dont know if they fixed it yet but the game will treat input for one device as input from all devices.

Aced: Pegas, P-36, Tsh-3, 109Z, I-15 BIS, BF110 B

Awesome_Possum #26 Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
3 letter abbreviation for Japanese is NOT a deragatory term.  stop making it one.

spencer1365 #27 Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 19 battles
I have to admit I prefer a stick simply because it is a flying game lol. But right now I am using good old keyboard and mouse and not having any issues with handling any plane. They seem to handle the same but keep in mind with a mouse in sharp turns you should actually keep pulling your mouse what ever way your turning in some cases, such as pick up and move/drag again and again as you make that sharp turn to ensure it keeps turning at the hardest bank you can. With a stick you just turn and hold and it does that, some people take that action difference that you have to take into account as a unfair advantage. What it really boils down to is what type of hardware can you afford to help improve your gaming experience? Not your "advantage in game" as there really is not one over the other as both can work if your good with them just as good as the other.

ireconi #28 Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

Community Helper

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 0 battles
You are 100% wrong man. I know of plenty Mouse and KB users who are epic players and have no trouble. You just have to set it up and get it just right.

Attached Thumbnails

spencer1365 #29 Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 19 battles
And to be more clear, if you have a specific mouse that is giving you trouble over all others then it is totally possible there may be an issue with your mouse you actually have (not the brand so much) as others do use the brand without issues, just have to get used to how it handles (as the last post slipped off topic only a smudge without this).

pappabear #30 Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Community Noob

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [LIGS] LIGS

View PostAwesome_Possum, on 08 April 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

3 letter abbreviation for Japanese is NOT a deragatory term.  stop making it one.

WGing has stated and gives RO's if you use any abbrevaition for Japanese planes except the one they allow. So since you want to play there game you have to follow there rules.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Manfred_Von_Richtofen #31 Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
  • [B-O-V] B-O-V
So far I have found that I'm best with the WOT mouse, I don't particularly care for the latest mouse update and I have to relearn how to fly a plane when  using my joystick.

I believe the idea behind the mouse/keyboard will allow more players to join the game and not make it a joystick only game.  After all they are in business to make money and that is achieved by having the most players enjoy the game with whatever control interface they are confortable with.

Our job is not to judge one interface over another but to test them all and help provide the best gaming experience to as many players as possible.
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart.
— Baron Manfred von Richthofen.

Crag_r #32 Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [ARMDA] ARMDA

View PostAwesome_Possum, on 08 April 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

Some people may actually find it offensive, most Japanese people don't.

So i think its better to just avoid insulting people, after all its not really hurting you saying other abbreviations.

Per Ardua ad Astra "Through Adversity to the Stars"

Royal Australian Air Force

FRAG

lostwingman #33 Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 15 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostAn_Average_Jho, on 17 March 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

Flying with the stick feels more natural, but the 0.3.5 controls offer the same amount of control as the sticks do.

Don't blame the game for your lack of practice with the game's controls.
I miss those controls....

View PostImperialToast295, on 18 March 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

You dont understand. With stick it takes a regular turn much faster than it will with WoT mouse. I swear it actually makes the plane handle better. Why dont you get off your high horse there and take a look with a p36. It flies dramatically better with a stick than the mouse. By the way you may have noticed i use WoT mouse and not 0.3.5
>uses initial implementation of inferior mouse control
>complains that it is inferior
Really?

View PostImperialToast295, on 23 March 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

Guys you dont seem to understand i am talking about the WoT mouse not 3.5.0  I dont liek it much but i belive it makes planes handle as well as the joystick. I firmly believe WoT mouse makes planes handle worse.
Again,
>uses easymodo controls
>complains that they are too easymodo

I don't think you know what you're complaining about.

Although, currently, WoWP mouse seems heavily bugged making WoT mouse currently superior.

Edited by lostwingman, 09 April 2013 - 04:08 PM.

Ground Attack, the new Arty

Alpha_Mike_Foxtrot #34 Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Dr. Squirrely: Resident professor of Insanity

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [RTSB] RTSB

View PostImperialToast295, on 17 March 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

I bought a joystick and compared it to the WoT mouse and compared to the stick the mouse is slower than a slug at a stop sign. I can maneuver the worst american plane with stick than i can the best xxx plane with a mouse. This is absolutely unfair for people who cant use a joystick.

Insults or derogatory comments. 2d RO issued.
~Mod/Gm team
A joystick in a flight game being better? Who would have thunk it! Honestly just because you have not figured out that the mouse needs to be in conjunction with the keyboard to get optimum result, don't go crying about it or use the non wot mode. The mouse has the advantage over the joystick because you can more freely look around your aircraft whereas joystick users like myself have to either fly left handed an use the mouse to look around, use a preset viewing angles in the hat switc, or risk crashing while using the "snap to target" Otherwise we have to use experience, anticipation, and good old fashion tactical discipline to predict and counter your opponents position and moves. Joysticks also require us to keep control of your aircraft at all times. We do not have that nifty auto turning ability that allows you mouse players simply point where u want to go and magically have the airplane fly ITSELF to that point or direction. Joystick players are the PILOTS. As are non wot mouse users. The wot mouse does nothing more than turn this game into a glorified whack-a-mole arcade. At least they had the common since to make it hard for someone to use the mouse if they neglect the keyboard otherwise this would turn into warthundr and many of us players would move on to something else..

so get over it. Learn your controls or get new ones but do not wine because of lack of skill. I have played wot mouse to test it and I found it revoltingly easy. I fly joystick an pedals because I prefer the pilot seat to the puppeteers chair

Signature by Nyphe and Razre

Gearboxx #35 Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [CBC] CBC
Check:

http://forum.worldof...g-linear-curve/

This was helpful to getting the joystick to work properly.

quetch #36 Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
i cant win if some is useing a joystick.

Lieutenant_Bob264 #37 Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

Community Helper

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 24 battles

View Postquetch, on 16 April 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

i cant win if some is useing a joystick.

I am assuming that you are saying that because you might be experiencing trouble shooting people down. My question would be how you knew that they were using a joystick? With practice, the skills follow and there are plenty who are effective using control inputs other than a joystick. If you want to practice there are plenty of testers (including myself) willing to help if you ask. (example: in team training rooms). How is your ping and fps, that can also have a detrimental effect to maneuvering against an opponent.

We the willing, led by the unknowing, continue to do the impossible for the ungrateful

Crag_r #38 Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [ARMDA] ARMDA
Ok so im having a play of mouse because my joystick is partially down, needless to say i am having some teething issues. I might play around to see if its just me or i might have to discuss further.

Per Ardua ad Astra "Through Adversity to the Stars"

Royal Australian Air Force

FRAG

Elios0 #39 Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 27 battles
you can win with a mouse
you just have to work at it

that said there are number of things with the mouse that really need to be changed/fixed

biggest is that you cant turn off the roll/yaw mixing which irritates me to no end at times
the other is that if move the mouse all the way to 3 or 9 and leave it there it will want to move back to 12
there needs to be way to turn off these behaviours so that the mouse is an analog to using a joystick

Edited by Elios0, 16 April 2013 - 09:48 AM.

Compass 6HV_______________________________25% Edge 540

imlost19 #40 Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 51 battles
So I had the mouse working perfectly fine in the last version of the game.. but I just tried it today and I can't seem to get it working.

Any tips? I've tried WoT mouse and 4.1... neither seem to work for me.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users