Jump to content


New Irans Ghaher-313 fighter

Iran new jet fighter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

Old_Crow51 #21 Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 433
  • Member since:
    04-30-2012
I am curious to hear what the wing surface area is, because the body sure as hell doesn't look like its going to create much lift (look at a F-15, Su-27). If the wing surface is that small, then that thing's stall speed is going to be crazy high, and it will have a high wing loading, making it bad for dogfighting as well.


Proof of Ace: A6M2 A6M5 F4F F2G P-51A

8rad #22 Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

    Feedback Airedale

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 1,252
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
If a couple of video game geeks can look at that and see that its a fail jet I can only imagine what the engineers at Lockheed/Martin are thinking.

They're probably laughing so hard they're crying.

But really look at the chord on that wing!  Its just absurd.  Theres no other way to describe it.

Edited by 8rad, 04 February 2013 - 06:22 PM.


Heh #23 Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

    Sky Whale Historian

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 10,293
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostOld_Crow51, on 04 February 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

I am curious to hear what the wing surface area is, because the body sure as hell doesn't look like its going to create much lift (look at a F-15, Su-27). If the wing surface is that small, then that thing's stall speed is going to be crazy high, and it will have a high wing loading, making it bad for dogfighting as well.

In other words, even a Ta-152 can take one down.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:


OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

Old_Crow51 #24 Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 433
  • Member since:
    04-30-2012
Holy crap! I dunno if anybody here has seen this yet.....but the Iranians just love them some photoshop!

http://www.smh.com.a...0213-2ebwb.html

And look how tiny the cockpit is! The console looks like its a bunch of mocked up LCD screens/CD players and I guess the pilot is going to have one hell of a time taking off.....cause he doesn't have a throttle

http://www.theatlant...jet-fake/61781/


Proof of Ace: A6M2 A6M5 F4F F2G P-51A

stealth250 #25 Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 5,251
  • Member since:
    05-25-2012

View PostOld_Crow51, on 19 February 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

Holy crap! I dunno if anybody here has seen this yet.....but the Iranians just love them some photoshop!

http://www.smh.com.a...0213-2ebwb.html

And look how tiny the cockpit is! The console looks like its a bunch of mocked up LCD screens/CD players and I guess the pilot is going to have one hell of a time taking off.....cause he doesn't have a throttle

http://www.theatlant...jet-fake/61781/
lol. bet my f2g is better


President and Founder of FRAG
FRAG came, FRAG saw, FRAG countered, FRAG accomplished mission

Crag_r #26 Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 4,766
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostOld_Crow51, on 19 February 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

Holy crap! I dunno if anybody here has seen this yet.....but the Iranians just love them some photoshop!

http://www.smh.com.a...0213-2ebwb.html

And look how tiny the cockpit is! The console looks like its a bunch of mocked up LCD screens/CD players and I guess the pilot is going to have one hell of a time taking off.....cause he doesn't have a throttle

http://www.theatlant...jet-fake/61781/

Hey i want Iran to fly the thing, Seeing as the Ejection seat armor does not even cover most of the Pilots head, arms, shoulders and some of his legs i look forward to a time where someone is shooting at it. Not too mention i don't actually think he can use the stick if he happens to have legs  :Smile_trollface:

Plus looking at the cockpit layout, and the lack of any HUD or Helmet capable of having one... I'm not too sure how they want the Pilot to fly accurately without him having to peer around his knees to see any information



Per Ardua ad Astra "Through Adversity to the Stars"


Royal Australian Air Force


FRAG


stealth250 #27 Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 5,251
  • Member since:
    05-25-2012

View PostCrag_r, on 19 February 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

Hey i want Iran to fly the thing, Seeing as the Ejection seat armor does not even cover most of the Pilots head, arms, shoulders and some of his legs i look forward to a time where someone is shooting at it. Not too mention i don't actually think he can use the stick if he happens to have legs  :Smile_trollface:

Plus looking at the cockpit layout, and the lack of any HUD or Helmet capable of having one... I'm not too sure how they want the Pilot to fly accurately without him having to peer around his knees to see any information
lol, where do you keep your legs?
http://cdn.theatlant...932874_orig.jpg


President and Founder of FRAG
FRAG came, FRAG saw, FRAG countered, FRAG accomplished mission

Heh #28 Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

    Sky Whale Historian

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 10,293
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Poststealth250, on 19 February 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

lol, where do you keep your legs?
http://cdn.theatlant...932874_orig.jpg

This plane is made for magical Persian dwarfs of course.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:


OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

WarHorse81 #29 Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
It looks like a small remake of the old FireFox plane from the 1982 movie. But the size isn't a problem the F-35 isn't much bigger. I agree I do not think it is ready to fly and is more than likely a prop. but working on these planes at Tinker lets me see that the fighters are getting smaller.

Crag_r #30 Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 4,766
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostWarHorse81, on 05 March 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

It looks like a small remake of the old FireFox plane from the 1982 movie. But the size isn't a problem the F-35 isn't much bigger. I agree I do not think it is ready to fly and is more than likely a prop. but working on these planes at Tinker lets me see that the fighters are getting smaller.

Well size is an issue here, what if the Pilot happens to have legs? Then that is half his cockpit and the primary flight controls he cannot use...



Per Ardua ad Astra "Through Adversity to the Stars"


Royal Australian Air Force


FRAG


Heh #31 Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

    Sky Whale Historian

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 10,293
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCrag_r, on 05 March 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

Well size is an issue here, what if the Pilot happens to have legs? Then that is half his cockpit and the primary flight controls he cannot use...

That's why you amputate the pilots. PROBLEM SOLVED NEXT CALLER
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:


OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

Bsmith_01 #32 Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
cockpit size alone doesn't matter, after all, look at the Viper, pilots are mostly sitting in the canopy and taller ones have their knees visible too.  Though, it works for that because the seat is reclined 350......

Crag_r #33 Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 4,766
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBsmith_01, on 05 March 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

cockpit size alone doesn't matter, after all, look at the Viper, pilots are mostly sitting in the canopy and taller ones have their knees visible too.  Though, it works for that because the seat is reclined 350......

Well here if you look at the pic his knees are both touching and squashing the stick, i think it does matter here...



Per Ardua ad Astra "Through Adversity to the Stars"


Royal Australian Air Force


FRAG


Heh #34 Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

    Sky Whale Historian

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 10,293
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCrag_r, on 05 March 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

Well here if you look at the pic his knees are both touching and squashing the stick, i think t does matter here...

Again, the pilots need to be amputated to fit in there. Iran likes catering for the handicapped.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:


OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O